Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
azotic[_4_] azotic[_4_] is offline

Default 1/4" Threaded rod cutting, bending and deburing

Tom Gardner" mars@tacks wrote in message
I need to make thousands of fasteners consisting of 1/4" x 4" threaded rod
with a 20 degree bend in the center. The ends will each get a 1/4"
nylon-insert lock nut. I plan on doing the bend on a punch press. I'm
concerned about:

-What grade of All-thread so the rod doesn't crack at the bend?

-How to cut the rod? (parting die on punch press, bandsaw, cut-off wheel
in chop saw, etc)

-How to deburr so the nuts will start?

This is for a new product so I will be ramping up and might have to change
methods according to demand.

Do you need all 4" to be threaded?

Buy 4" threaded studs and just do the bend?

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/