Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_4_] Doctor Drivel[_4_] is offline

Default Russian Revolutionary Hybrid car

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
On 27/01/2012 18:46, Doctor Drivel wrote:

The Russians are to sell at the end of the year a new range of 100%
elecric drive cars using a revolutionary new rotary toroidal "vane"
engine" - some cars will be made in Germany. Some crank in the USA said
he invented it. He never. I "believe" the battery pack is small for the
car so nearly always runs on the engine. The engine only turns a genny.
A dissapointing 67mpg (US). I seems cheap to buy. so I will get my
cheque book out:
http://pesn.com/2011/04/23/9501814_R...ign_its_ own/

"it has been said that the swing-piston design combines all the
disadvantages of the rotary with all the disadvantages of the
reciprocating." (Wikipedia) If there's any truth in it take that to be 67
miles per car.

Do not go on wikipedia - people make it up there. It is 15 kilos (the
weight of the engine) for 30 kilowatts output. 1/4 to 1/3 the size and
weight of an normal engine. Amazing power/weight ratio. The battery is small
and only gives 2 km range. A bigger battery would have given the car
greater mpg. BTW, it is about 75mpg UK. Nothing comes close to it and it is
quiet and a dream to drive with a seamless electric transmission - no silly
gearbox.

This is a breakthrough. It only took Russian engineers 6 months get the
design right. While everyone else is looking at their navels. Further R&d
will get it more efficient.