Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Best line of the night

In article ,
Han wrote:

I agree that the "prohibition" against decorations etc has gone a bit too
far. Student-led prayer is a different thing, since then a majority, or
even a minority, can easily become coercive. Look at a (perhaps crazy)
example. If you allow that in a majority Christian/Catholic/Baptist
school, you need to allow it also in a majority Jewish community, or
Muslim community. I can see it already, before a public high school
football game 3/4 of the students prostrate themselves facing east ...

I was talking more about specific functions. For instance if the
students vote to include a prayer at graduation ceremonies, which is
forbidden. In many instances, they have said a person couldn't use even
a biblical reference in their validictory speech.