Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Best line of the night

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:

If you'd allow official proselytizing or sanction religious displays
(behavior, things) in schools you'd be approving that religion, which
is contrary to the law. If you want to come by my house and ask me
or tell me things about your religion, I am free to say no, as you
are free to try, as long as you do not annoy me.

I disagree. Merely permitting a behavior is not the same thing as
endorsing the behavior. If I showed up at the Kennedy Center for the
Performing Arts in Bermuda shorts and a t-shirt, I'd probably be
permitted to attend a performance of The Marriage of Figaro. But I bet
you a dollar, the blue-noses wouldn't approve of my attire.

There is a difference between proselytizing and Bermuda shorts, AFAIK.
And, no, I don't approve of either under those circumstances. As you said
elsewhere - righteous behavior is what should (fill in verb).

--
Best regards
Han