Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Best line of the night

Robert Green wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Robert Green wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
From the rebuttal to the president's State of the Union address, by
Mitch Daniels:

Jeez, HeyBub. You want your party to lead, but you can't remember
to add OT to an Off Topic post subject line. How's your team going
to handle the "tough" decisions if adding two letters is too hard
for them?

Light bulbs and the government mandating thereof is a frequent topic
on this newsgroup.

Only because habitual OT posters like you MAKE IT SO. Recently the
signal-to-noise ratio has gone through the roof again. People that
spend considerable time writing OT political tripe *can't* be
spending that time answering actual on-topic posts. cc

Several posters here have said things far more hurtful about the
government and light bulbs than did the governor of Indiana.

Or haven't you been keeping up?

Sounds like you're starting to believe your own bullshi+, HeyBub I'm
not buying it. It turns out that after a little analysis that a
*very* small number of posters here consistently use this newsgroup
as their private blog and start topics just to kick up dust. Yes,
I've joined in when people spew utter nonsense that *demands*
correction, like the Birthers, but you really will have to look very,
very hard to find any OT political threads I've started. Not so with
you and a very few others. Why on earth are you so determined to
force politics into a home repair newsgroup? Were you the kind of
kid that put spiders and ants in jars to watch them fight?

How do you think you score on a rank ordered list of "starts the most
off-topic political posts in AHR?" One of your right wing buddies
recently raised that issue (getting it completely wrong, as always),
so I thought I would start to shine some light on who the very, very
few people here who account for the vast majority of off-topic posts.
Very, very few - when you talk about those who are more than
occasional offenders as most of us are. That's fine. But when
someone keeps kicking out flamebait, week after week, you have to
wonder what their real agenda is. What is your real agenda, HeyBub?
Or are you just afraid to argue politics with experts in the
political newsgroups? They're a *much* tougher crowd and might chew
you up and spit you out when you start "Gingrichizing."

If want to perpetuate the belief that the right winger doesn't know
where they are, are incapable of exercising self-control, think of
themselves as above the rules, can't recognize boundaries, likes to
start fights and can't even type two letters correctly, be my guest
and keep flooding AHR with political clap-trap. I'll be happy to
point it out every time. (-: In fact, post all you want. I can't
imagine anyone offering a better opportunity to point out why the
right shouldn't rule.

Okay, I'll play. Show me ONE off-topic thread I've started that didn't have
OT as part of its subject. Just one.

And I will not accept anything about light bulbs as being off-topic.