Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Best line of the night

Attila.Iskander wrote:

So tell me how do you evaluate a teacher's performance when that
teacher has to deals with kids
- whose home life is in shambles ?
- who come to school with clothes that haven't been washed for a few
days ? - who just had a parent incarcerated or murdered ?
- whose parents don't believe that education is worthwhile ?

Teaching success does NOT depend PURELY on the teacher
It also depends on the students, the parents, and even that family's
culture with respect to education.

Even the best teacher will fail if the student is not willing, or
able, or conditioned against studying.

Then:
a) The teacher should obtain the necessary skills to motivate the
un-motivated, or
b) The student should be cycled into the "incorrigible" career path.

I agree you can't make a railroad locomotive out of wood, no matter the
skill of the craftsman. But you can change the builder's raw materials.