Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Pipes popped out of the walkway - What would you protect them with?

On Jan 26, 9:53*pm, micky wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 22:09:40 +0000 (UTC), Chuck Banshee

wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 16:52:09 -0500, micky wrote:
Yes, but now you've removed 2 or 3 inches of dirt, as you say below. How
much were you planning to re-cover it with?

Good point.

I was planning on covering it only with the irrigation box.
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/7426576.png

Maybe I should put fiberglass insulation inside before putting the cover
back on?

You need to talk to knowledgable popele in your area, maybe at good
garden shops, maybe the state university extension, the kind that
answers garden and farming questions.

I live in Batlimroe where it ges down to 10 sometimes, maybe 0, and
I'm still trying to find out if I have to drain my outside faucet,
which only sticks out of the brick wall by the length of the spigot.
Sometimes it's a pain in the neck, and I htink most of my neighbors
don't do it. * Anyone know the temp and time period for which one has
to drain the pipes to the garden outlet?

They sell styrofoam covers *for the winter., with foam rubber gaskets
where they touch the wall. *Do those work?

What works are these:

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/vide...053912,00.html