Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Window in metal door

Oy, protect other surfaces. You're so right. My experiences with modifying
wood doors, requires very careful technique, and were a bit of a learning
experience. I learned that a 1 x 4 can be clamped to the door, to guide the
back edge of the saw. A 2 / 4 is too high, the motor won't clear.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

. 3.70...

I've done it both ways, but it's easier to work on the flat.

Also, cover all exposed surfaces around the cut with masking tape or safety
tape, to prevent marring the remaining surfaces.

LLoyd