Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Wireless Doorbell

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 18:52:16 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Reed" wrote in message
m...
On 1/26/12 4:02 PM, Robert Green wrote:
My neighbor asked me to look at her wireless doorbell, which suddenly
stopped working properly. The buttons still work if you move them close

the unit but they no longer work mounted on the outside of the door

frame.
We've replaced the 3 "D" cells in the base unit and the 12V cells in the

two
buttons but still no joy.

Any ideas?

--
Bobby G.

Has she or a neighbor added some other new wireless device that is
interfering with the doorbell ?? Does the bell have any capability of
using a different channel ??

Good tip. I do believe she's had a wifi hotspot installed. I'll have to
see if that's the cause of the problem. It would explain the recent sudden
onset.

I have a wireless doorbell where the ringer plugs into the wall.
Cost about 2.50. Worked for my mother for about 10 years and me for
about 3 and one day the ringer part "burned up". No visible damage
inside, but wouldn't work wth duplicate button. I don't know if a
ringer tha runs on batteries can do that.