PoP

Default Ok, where was my brain..???

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 00:29:30 -0000, "Owain"
wrote:

Then I realised that the music to which I was listening wasn't from the
hi-fi but the mains-powered radio on which I was currently working.

When I was a teenager I bought things from jumble sales and then
proceeded to repair them. Had no queasy thoughts about working with
live mains, hell that was for wimps.

I still have memories of working on a record player, and falling
asleep during the repair. When I woke up I remembered I was going to
chop through the mains cable, so did so.

Remember the days with round pin sockets protected by 30A fuse wire in
the fuse box? Tested it out that day. Big spark as the sidecutters
chomped into the wire - and a nifty hole with melted edges where the
jaws of the sidecutters used to be.

Never did that again. Though I did manage to put a stanley knife
through a live cable a few weeks ago (fortunately the stanley knife
was a plastic cased affair).

PoP