Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wireless Doorbell

On Jan 26, 5:50*pm, "Robert Green" wrote:
"bob haller" wrote in message

On Jan 26, 4:02 pm, "Robert Green" wrote:

My neighbor asked me to look at her wireless doorbell, which suddenly
stopped working properly. The buttons still work if you move them close to
the unit but they no longer work mounted on the outside of the door frame.
We've replaced the 3 "D" cells in the base unit and the 12V cells in the

two
buttons but still no joy.

Any ideas?

--
Bobby G.

are you certain the new batteries are really good?

Checked them all out with a voltmeter, first thing.

--
Bobby G.

Did you just check the open-circuit voltage, or did you test them
under load. I usually put a100 ohm resistor across the battery
terminals when I test them, that puts a 10 - 30 ma load on the 1 - 3 V
battery which usually is enough to show either good or weak.