Posted to alt.home.repair
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default Wireless Doorbell

"Robert Green" wrote in message
"IGot2P" wrote in message
On 1/26/2012 3:02 PM, Robert Green wrote:
My neighbor asked me to look at her wireless doorbell, which suddenly
stopped working properly. The buttons still work if you move them
close

the unit but they no longer work mounted on the outside of the door

frame.
We've replaced the 3 "D" cells in the base unit and the 12V cells in
the

two
buttons but still no joy.

12V cells?

http://www.atbatt.com/a23-batteries.asp

A23 or 23A (23AE) 12 volt Alkaline batteries are 1.08 inches length and
.38
inches width in cylinder. These 23A 12v batteries are typically used in
small RF devices such as garage door openers and keyless entry systems
where
only infrequent pulse current is used. Sometimes the A23 batteries are
enclosed like a normal battery but sometimes a stack of eight LR932 button
cells shrink wrapped together.

--
Bobby G.

Bobby.........Check the batteries under load while in the items. Volt meter
won't "load" a battery enough for proper reading. I have had 1.5 volt cells
check as 1.4 volts no load and same battery check as 1 volt under load. I
built a load tester for this because I have so many devices that are
battery powered. WW