Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default OT, or not. Leg Cramps?

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:08:02 -0800, Paul Drahn
wrote:

On 1/25/2012 6:48 PM, Pete S wrote:
I don't know if this is really off topic, but I was wondering if enough
of you guys have trouble with leg and/or foot cramps to make it worth
putting up a webpage about my solution.
This would be on-topic if you feel that standing in front of your lathe
or mill for hours at a time is a factor that contributes to those cramps.

Pete Stanaitis
----------------

I don't know what your solution is, but mine is a quinine pill, and when
they are gone, half a glass of quinine water gives relief in less than 5
minutes.

Neither will prevent the cramp, but will work every time after one gets
going.

Paul

For me a glass of milk calms it down in a couple of minutes. Don't
know if it is calsium, lactose, or what - but it works.
Works for my wife too.

Could be the water. I sometimes awaken in the night with an incipient
cramp. A glass of tap water always fixes the problem. The implication
is that dehydration (and attendant electrolyte imbalance) is the cause.

Joe Gwinn