Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default How can you tell how much propane is left in a tank?

"gregz" wrote in message
"Robert Green" wrote:

stuff snipped

I had a gauge one time. I don't remember if it worked. If it did work, it
would not be in the static mode, propane would have to be delivering
output.

There were enough negative comments about pressure gauges on the Amazon site
to make me seriously worried about whether a gauge would be helpful

I was trying to see how much propane was in my newly acquired tank. It's
really hard to shake a 60 pound tank with it also connected with tubing.

Yep. I had to eliminate some potential solutions because of the "horse
around" factor. Today, in the auto parts store, the 18 year old clerk said
was first. I looked around for a second and then realized she was talking
about me!!!! )-:

I got one big tank and two other sizes. I want to get an adaptor so I can
also hook up a backup tank I can get refilled myself.

That makes sense when you depend on propane for more than clearing
occasional ice from the steps four months of the year. I might get an
adapter to allow me to run my small emergency cook stove from the big tank -
I even think that the fittings that came with the torch will allow me to do
that. I'll have to look.

--
Bobby G.