Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default How can you tell how much propane is left in a tank?

"bob haller" wrote in message
OP poster could run the torch flat out from full tank to empty, and
note the time.

or store a spare tank under a overturned garbage can. i did that years
ago with some spare gasoline

or build a ventilated secure container of some sort close to the house
for easy tank swap.

while OP is concerned about weight of tank, he may not realize the
weighing unit and scale will make moving the unit heavier.......

if OP concrete areas need replaced i would suggest a new whatever with
imbeded PEX line to warm the areas when needed

Next house, for sure. In the meantime, the torch did a very admirable job
of clearing the steps and the porch drain holes. With the unit on a cart,
I am not so concerned with the overall weight, although I do realize it's
greater. I never have to lift it in its current configuration. The hardest
part is pulling it over the small front door step. I can live with that.

--
Bobby G.