Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default How can you tell how much propane is left in a tank?

wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:55:59 -0500, "Robert Green"

stuff snipped

Personally I'd look at 20 lb instead of 40. Or even 30, because they
ARE easier to "horse around" and weigh - and are large enough to
handle the flow - unless the mandated safety flow valves cause a
problem and shut you down. Not required (AFAIK) on 40 lb tanks. Not
sure about 30.

That's something to consider and might even make Mr. Haller's suggestion
workable because a spare 20 lb tank wouldn't be quite so large. It's
entirely possible that at this point in the year, we won't have any more
freezing rain or sleet rendering everything moot until next year.

--
Bobby G.