Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default How can you tell how much propane is left in a tank?

wrote in message

stuff snipped

I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND why the OP doesnt just keep a spare tank, and
swap it out when needed.......

I mean you gain nothing weighing the tank when its empty doesnt matter
its still empty and must be changed...

just run till empty and change

I THINK he has answered that several times.
Due to age and health he is physically limitted - and he uses this rig
to melt ice from steps. If there is not enough propane to finish the
job he wants to know BEFORE the torch quits, leaving the job half done
and him too worn out or sore to change the tank.

Some days I can personally see his point.

Bingo. I want to make this as easy on my failing joints as possible. I also
wanted to make sure I spent as little time jockeying the unit around on an
icy porch for obvious reasons. I've known a number of people including my
mom who really fu&ed themselves up falling on the ice. I'd like to avoid
that fate as much as possible. I think with input from everyone here that
I've achieved all of my goals in this matter. Probably the only addition
I'd make to the cart is hanging some golf shoes with cleats on it so that I
can get better traction on the ice.

Thanks to everyone, again!

--
Bobby G.