Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sliding compound miter saws.

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:13:53 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 1/25/2012 8:45 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

g You and Swingy planted that damned plunge saw idea in my head and
I still haven't gotten it out. I'll be going with the Makita
SP6000K1, though. Some day, when the money starts flowing again this
year...

Meh ...

Plunge cuts deluxe: scroll right from this picture to see how it's done,
with the best tool for the job:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...88839479418594

Hmmm...A $550 saw to cut a hole in a chicken coop? Irony abounds.
Oh, excuse me. A coup de poulet, er, poulailler.

What does the EQ 55 have that the SP6000K1 doesn't? I mean, besides
the fluorescent green plastic?

--
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act,
the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.