Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default OT, or not. Leg Cramps?

On 1/26/2012 10:11 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:08:02 -0800, Paul Drahn
wrote:

On 1/25/2012 6:48 PM, Pete S wrote:
I don't know if this is really off topic, but I was wondering if enough
of you guys have trouble with leg and/or foot cramps to make it worth
putting up a webpage about my solution.
This would be on-topic if you feel that standing in front of your lathe
or mill for hours at a time is a factor that contributes to those cramps.

Pete Stanaitis
----------------

I don't know what your solution is, but mine is a quinine pill, and when
they are gone, half a glass of quinine water gives relief in less than 5
minutes.

Neither will prevent the cramp, but will work every time after one gets
going.

Paul

For me a glass of milk calms it down in a couple of minutes. Don't
know if it is calsium, lactose, or what - but it works.
Works for my wife too.

Tried that and bananas and my made me banana milk shakes. Potassium
level is the usual culprit. We get the sugar free quinine water that is
really high in potassium.

My cramps come sometimes after a day's hard work outside in the hot
summer weather. At 72, the hard work takes less time, now.

Paul