Zymurgy

Default 20mm channelling/chasing for oval conduit using SDS+ drill and Armeg EBS Extended 20mm Channelling Chisel

"McGowan, Scott" wrote
Hi all,

I've just borrowed my mate's SDS+ drill and purchased the Armeg EBS Extended
20mm Channelling Chisel (from ScrewFix) to begin channelling plaster/breeze
block for running 20mm oval conduit to some new boxes (12 ceiling-to-box
chases and 12 floor-to-box chases) and I'm just wondering where to start!
I would appreciate any suggestions regarding the nature of this work...

Get a good quality SDS gouge (looks like you have !) that will hold a
reasonably sharp edge, i.e. not one of those camembert ones from the
sunday market. I paid ~£18 for mine.

It will wander, take it slow and plan to take the material out in 2
passes until you're used to it, then you can be a bit bolder.

The angle as has been said before is critical here, too steep and you
will knock chunks out of soft material.

Gloves and goggles are useful, as once you start you should continue
for a reasonable run rather than doing 6 inches at a time.

Good luck,

Cheers,

Paul.