Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best line of the night

On 1/25/2012 2:44 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

which is of course exactly the same thought process that goes through
those good xians that demand prayer in school, don't think women can
make choices about their bodies or think the world will end if they
can't have public displays of mangers and xmas trees

Public prayer is efficacious. Jesus said "When two or more gather in my
name, I am with them." If two people can't pray together in a public school,
they might as well be praying to the closet. Judaism requires ten or more in
prayer to represent the community. I'm sure Islam has a similar requirement.
By prohibiting public prayer, in my view, the government school is
impermissably interfering with the free exercise of religion.

I think women can make choices about their bodies! But choices have
consequences; if a woman CHOOSES to have unprotected sex, she shouldn't be
surprised when she gets pregnant.

But, the government, in its infinite wisdom, asserts the power to protect us
from our wrong choices.

Don't get me wrong. While there are many logical and heart-felt feelings
about abortion on both sides of the issue, I have come down in favor of
abortion on demand. There are two reasons I decided the way I did.

* I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm not pregnant nor will I ever be.
* Abortions cut down on the number of liberals amongst us. The progressives,
in promoting abortion, are doing the equivalent of eating the seed corn.
Look up "The Row Effect" for more information.
http://web.archive.org/web/201001031.../?id=110006913

I never understood why Republicans were against Democrats having
abortions. Heck, pass a law that compels only Democrats to get
abortions and see how that flies. Thin the herd, heck conspiracy
nuts already believe the real world rulers behind the curtain want
to eliminate most of the world population. o_O

TDD