Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default Best line of the night

"Ken" wrote in message ...
Doug wrote:
On 25 Jan 2012 14:03:07 GMT, wrote:

wrote in news:49abe15e-ccf3-4bc0-bb20-
:

On Jan 25, 5:00 am, wrote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...mitch-daniels-...

Yep. The government is slowly but steadily eliminating one of the most
effective educational systems in our country..... Small, but strong
rural schools.

Ours survived a serious school battle about five years ago. But it
will probably be gone within ten.

What's needed is dedicated teachers and involved parents.
BOTH! I said BOTH!!

I only watched a portion of the pep talk but when he said the best
teachers should be rewarded, I asked myself define "best" and then I
said with what. I mean some people can't afford their homes much less
property tax increases of which help pay for the teachers. I thought
maybe a better way was not to reward the "best" teachers but just get
rid of the bad teachers.

BINGO!!!!!!! Just like most every other business does with employees who
do not perform. (By that I mean those trying to make a profit, and not
those sponsored or supported by a government.)

So tell me how do you evaluate a teacher's performance when that teacher has
to deals with kids
- whose home life is in shambles ?
- who come to school with clothes that haven't been washed for a few days ?
- who just had a parent incarcerated or murdered ?
- whose parents don't believe that education is worthwhile ?

Teaching success does NOT depend PURELY on the teacher
It also depends on the students, the parents, and even that family's culture
with respect to education.

Even the best teacher will fail if the student is not willing, or able, or
conditioned against studying.