Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default AC Adapter Plague

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 00:38:12 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
(...)

This is about 5 days of wall wart and power cord collections at a
local recycling center.
http://www.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/e-waste/slides/wall-warts.html
What a waste.

years ago, i would have taken a mess like that to a hamfest and sold
all of it. I currently have about 500 warts & external power supplies,
sorted by voltage. I picked up several hundred at one hamfest, from a
silent key's widow. I had to come home and get my trailer, to haul off
everything I picked up, that day. I used to trash pick after the Dayton
hamfest every year and could fill my long wheelbase van with no
problem. I'd take damaged or dead equipment that either looked
repairable, or was worth salvaging. Once, it was close to a ton of
power transformers, for the copper.