Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Best line of the night

Steve Barker wrote in
:

Except for that pesky 1st amendment thing of separating church and
state.

it just makes me sick that this amendment is taken out of context
constantly. It was written to keep the Government out of the church.
NOT to keep the church out of the government. There IS no separation,
and those words 'church and state' do not appear in the text.

It irks me just a pesky little bit, but as an agnostic,it's just a really
tiny little bit. It's your SCOTUS who have interpreted the amendment to
mean that the state shouldn't interfere in church and religious businesses,
and tha includes offically allowing/sponsoring religious expressions. I
think that is generally a good™ thing. As mentioned I'm against anything
that allows or sponsors proselytizing.

--
Best regards
Han