Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Pipes popped out of the walkway - What would you protect them with?

On Jan 26, 12:43*am, Chuck Banshee wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:13:21 -0800, Paul Drahn wrote:
What would YOU suggest I buy to protect the pipes?

I would suggest getting a pressure treated 2X6 at Home Depot

I'm heading off to Home Depot tomorrow morning. I'll see what they have.

The interesting thing was these plastic pipes were merely buried in the
sod, and not protected. I guess nobody figured I'd put a walkway there so
I might have to re-think where I put the walkway.

One problem is the pipes seem to go down at an angle so I'd have to
extensively modify any box I buy ... but I'll see what Home Depot has.

Thanks. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Or you would have to purchase a LARGER metal or fiberglass
access panel and frame... But to do it right the finished surface
has to up higher than the pipes -- you wouldn't build it so that
the cover would almost be touching the pipes...

~~ Evan