Thread: Cement question
View Single Post
  #29   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Cement question

Wow some of you are nasty even by internet standards...

Never said it was anything other than cosmetic, but so what? They said they'd put in a sump pump drainage system, they didn't say they'd leave it looking way worse than it started.

I didn't come here accusing the contractor of anything. Feel free to actually read the initial posting- where I simply asked if the discoloration was normal.

Nobody 'accepted the work and paid for it' because when they poured the concrete there was no discoloration, it happened after it cured. If my floor collapsed later would you call that acceptance also? (and no, I'm not equating the severity of the two)

There was no failed pipe that was replaced; as far as I know there's no iron around unless it's in the foundation (and the sewer lines are on the other side of the house).

Legally actionable? Why are you jumping to the incorrect conclusion that any legal action is even being considered? Again, I simply asked if discoloration was normal.

Since none of you read the contract you don't know what I contracted for and paid for. Their marketing materials promise a clean finish and their photos do not show any discoloration.

Oh, and I did ask the contractor about painting the basement floor (and before some of the nastier posters here jump to conclusions, I meant my painting it, not asking them to do it). He said that because concrete is porous and moisture comes through it, paint on a basement floor lasts only around 3 years, then it starts to bubble and needs to be repainted. That wouldn't work for me, I wouldn't want to have to move everything around every 3 years to repaint.