Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Best line of the night

Kurt Ullman wrote in news:Q-
:

In article ,
Han wrote:

The nation was more prosperous when in the Reagan years, capital gains
were taxed at or near 28%. And I believe there was no "carried
interest" then either.

ANd it was more prosperous during the Clinton years when the rate went
down to 20% for cap gains. Actually we were fairly prosperous over most
of the Bush years until the housing bubble.

Until the bubble burst, yes. I also remember the bubble in the early 80's
that burst as the savings and loan scandal. But I best remember that I was
able to put in the contract to buy my first home in early 1980 that the
seller would reimburse me for the increase in interest I would have to pay
if I had to get a mortgage at more than 12.5% interest. That's what I got,
which was good because the broker wanted to wiggle out of that clause. He
built a nice addition to his house next fall.

--
Best regards
Han