Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Best line of the night

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

which is of course exactly the same thought process that goes through
those good xians that demand prayer in school, don't think women can
make choices about their bodies or think the world will end if they
can't have public displays of mangers and xmas trees

Public prayer is efficacious. Jesus said "When two or more gather in
my name, I am with them." If two people can't pray together in a
public school, they might as well be praying to the closet. Judaism
requires ten or more in prayer to represent the community. I'm sure
Islam has a similar requirement. By prohibiting public prayer, in my
view, the government school is impermissably interfering with the free
exercise of religion.

I don't think that Jesus really meant that you had to Teebow everywhere.
There are religious private schools if you want that. Go there. In
public school, I believe that good manners should be encouraged, but not
any particular religion, nor some plain vanilla averaged out religion.
But then I am agnostic, near atheist. Which doesn't mean I won't respect
religion. But it is not to be an organized public spectacle.

I think women can make choices about their bodies! But choices have
consequences; if a woman CHOOSES to have unprotected sex, she
shouldn't be surprised when she gets pregnant.

Sometimes what happens leaves little room for choice. Which is
regrettable.

But, the government, in its infinite wisdom, asserts the power to
protect us from our wrong choices.

No, the government affords us protection from those who intend to impose
their views on others. Is different.

Don't get me wrong. While there are many logical and heart-felt
feelings about abortion on both sides of the issue, I have come down
in favor of abortion on demand. There are two reasons I decided the
way I did.

* I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm not pregnant nor will I ever
be. * Abortions cut down on the number of liberals amongst us. The
progressives, in promoting abortion, are doing the equivalent of
eating the seed corn. Look up "The Row Effect" for more information.
http://web.archive.org/web/201001031...ournal.com/ext
ra/?id=110006913

I'm with you, but my reasoning is different. If we avoid poor illiterate
children, we promote independent thinking. Those porr illiterate
children are too easily influenced by rabble rousers, be they religious,
conservative or liberal ...

--
Best regards
Han