Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Best line of the night

Jim Yanik wrote in
4:

Does paying teachers(good or bad) more bring about any increase in
kids passing or getting better grades? Does it better prepare kids for
entering the real world of employment? No and no.

I TOTALLY disagree:
It is still a "free market", with supply and demand in a wide open market
place. People may burn out in high pressure, high salary financial
industry, and decide they may be better off ("feeling-wise") as teacher.
That may give us a good teacher, like one I know. If the salary is too
low (see your next paragraph) the potentially very good teacher may opt
for another job. It is weighing a "calling" against a livelihood.

Fact is,the teachers knew the teaching salaries before they accepted
the job,and probably before they selected teaching as a career.
Perhaps they should only teach for a few years,and then move on to
some better paying job(if they have the skills...),if they don't like
their salaries.

As I said, it is weighing a "calling" against a livelihood. But it isn't
really fair to reduce compensation by imposing new regulations AFTER the
teacher has been hired and contracted. And the latter has happened here
in NJ.

--
Best regards
Han