Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default How can you tell how much propane is left in a tank?

"Han" wrote in message
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

Bobby, I can sympathize with the wrist problem because every square
inch of me hurts depending on how hard I work but I have to weigh
refrigeration tanks and I found a very handy scale at a Radio Shack
store for around $7.00. It will hold the max weight reading after
I put the tank down so I don't have to watch it while lifting. It's
sold by Amazon too.

http://www.amazon.com/Weigh-LS-300-P...ge/dp/B001UR5X
CW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1327497964&sr=8-6

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6nz2org

TDD

I'm not at that level of pain, by far (knocking wood), but I did order

that
scale ... Thanks for the hint!!

I might even order one. I didn't realize until AFTER I lifted the cart and
tank for the first time that I wouldn't be able to read the scale without
some equivalent of the "downward facing dog" yoga pose. That's when I
whipped out the old video cam and set it up to record the dial's reading
when I lifted the tank and cart.

Fortunately most lifting extends the wrist bones and the worst they do is
usually rub against each other unless your grip shifts. That's painful, but
nothing like pushing your hand bones *into* your wrist bones, end on end.
That generates the "OMFG!!!!!" type statements.

--
Bobby G.