Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default How can you tell how much propane is left in a tank?

"bob haller" wrote in message
HF ice melters are pretty cheap, buy a second one with spare tank. 20
to 30 bucks

when you run out just swap systems.

keep each one on its own cart for easy moving it around

We're in a very small house. Selling one tank and wand to SWMBO was hard
enough, especially after there were several local news reports about workers
setting houses on fire melting ice dams with very similar looking torches.
If it was a mission critical endeavor, I'd do that but if we run out,
there's always kitty litter. We just don't like it tracking all over the
house and the ice melting torch avoids that. I just don't want to run out
if we have a long run of icy rain like we did last year. Once I get an idea
of how many minutes of "burn time" I get from an average tank, this won't be
so much of an issue. The only types of propane I've used up until recently
have been the Coleman stove size and the Bernz-o-matic torch size. I even
spun the connector clockwise for a quite some time before realizing it was
reverse threaded. Anyone know why?

At least I know one of my friends is getting senile faster than I am. He
insisted I could just mount the huge, round 40LB tank on my back and ditch
the cart. There aren't many 40LB loads *less* suitable for back packing in
the world, especially on an icy porch. (-:

--
Bobby G.