Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Best line of the night

HeyBub wrote:

From the rebuttal to the president's State of the Union address, by Mitch
Daniels:

"In word and deed, the President and his allies tell us that we just cannot
handle ourselves in this complex, perilous world without their benevolent
protection. Left to ourselves, we might pick the wrong health insurance, the
wrong mortgage, the wrong school for our kids; why, unless they stop us, we
might pick the wrong light bulb!"

Sadly, for the last generation or two of total duds produced by the
failing schools this is probably true. These duds can't calculate the
MPG their car gets, don't know how to use a screwdriver, can't balance a
checkbook or produce a budget, etc.