Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default Best line of the night

On 25 Jan 2012 14:03:07 GMT, Han wrote:

RonB wrote in news:49abe15e-ccf3-4bc0-bb20-
:

On Jan 25, 5:00*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...mitch-daniels-...

Yep. The government is slowly but steadily eliminating one of the most
effective educational systems in our country..... Small, but strong
rural schools.

Ours survived a serious school battle about five years ago. But it
will probably be gone within ten.

What's needed is dedicated teachers and involved parents.
BOTH! I said BOTH!!

I only watched a portion of the pep talk but when he said the best
teachers should be rewarded, I asked myself define "best" and then I
said with what. I mean some people can't afford their homes much less
property tax increases of which help pay for the teachers. I thought
maybe a better way was not to reward the "best" teachers but just get
rid of the bad teachers. Of course then we have to define what "good
and bad" is but aside from the definitions, I think a teacher doing
his/her job shouldn't get rewarded but should keep their job instead.
I think the reward is seeing their student graduate college and come
back to say thank you to that teacher. I realize not many students do
this but maybe we need to teach the students "manners / respect" as
well as academics. Just my 2 cents worth...