Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Sliding compound miter saws.

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Agreed the cyclones do a good job at separation.

I have a Jet DC with a pleated filter on top that is almost 6 years
old.
I use it most all the time and have replaced the waste bag countless
times. I use a 45 gal contractors bag and toss the whole thing. What
I see with using a cyclone is less shop space and the same amount of
dust to deal with when something needs to be emptied.

A half full bag weighs about 30~40 lbs and is a little tough to get
out of the dust collector because the bag expands wider than the top
filter support arms. This is with a normal mix of saw dust. Now
imagine that bag being half full with just fine saw dust. How heavy
is that going to be? If I bought a cyclone I would probably wonder
how I ever got along with out it. LOL

I also have a pleated filter (Wynn, I believe) on the DC. Can't
remember changing the lower bag, which is a royal PITA (that I do
remember!). Yes you lose shop space, and I wish it wasn't so, but the
ease of emptying the metal garbage can compensates more than enough.
The bargae can has easy carry handles so I don't have to struggle to
keep the dust in the bag out of my nose ...

--
Best regards
Han