Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sliding compound miter saws.

On 1/24/2012 10:31 PM, Dave wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:27:08 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"
electric. The net result of those experiences is that I've got a lot of
nice, sharp and well maintained hand tools and my kids use them...

Speaking of sharpness, to this day I hate sharpening tools. So much
so, that I've seriously considering the purchase of a Tormek 7.
Anything to make the job easier and faster.

I don't remember anyone here saying they use one. They've only been
out about a year, so maybe they haven't be out long enough.

I have a Tormek. I cannot really say that I like it. I works as
advertised but has inherent issues IMHO.

I bought the works package several years ago.

First off it is best left "set up" in it's trough of water as a simple
sharpening task gets put off if you have to pull out the sharpener and
fill the trough with water. I prefer to sharpen several items at once.

Given the opportunity I would sell it and replace it with a WorkSharp 3000.