Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sliding compound miter saws.

On 1/25/2012 7:46 AM, Han wrote:
Have you added any vortex/dust deputy to the Festool vacuum, as I have
heard some people have done to reducethe number of times you need to empty
the bag?

If so, which one?

Han I have used 6 bags in almost 5 years in my Festool vac. And I have
been so busy in the last 18 months that I have probably used 3 bags.

At about $6-$7 per bag I am ok with replacing them and not having to
deal with an extra piece in between me and the vacuum.

Unless you are talking about this, and I can probably buy 30 bags for
this price. ;~)

http://www.oneida-air.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=AXD000009&CatId={6EE79B16-EB63-43E7-8F30-1E06240A24A4}

I think these systems are interesting but besides saving $20 a year on
bags I don't see much advantage, you still have to dispose of the waste
and make room for the unit.