Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

On 25/01/2012 18:32, 'Mike' wrote:
"Clive George" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 25/01/2012 18:20, 'Mike' wrote:

"Clive George" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 25/01/2012 17:31, 'Mike' wrote:

Your strong feeling is wrong.

Have you ever 'actually' talked to a prisoner about a 'harder and more
deterrent' sentence?
Have you 'actually been inside' a prison?

Do you think your prison sentences were too easy?

What would you have changed about them to encourage you to not
re-offend?

Yes

Make them a deterrent

Did the thought of going to prison not act as a deterrent to you when
you did your crimes? Would you have acted differently if say the
typical sentence had been hard labour?

Please post where I said "I" was a prisoner

Well, I did ask you if your prison sentences were too easy, and you did
say yes. If you could learn to quote properly such confusions might not
arise.

I'd hoped you might be able to offer some useful insight into why people
offend and what's necessary to deter them, but it seems you can't.

Remember the tales of people pickpocketing in the crowds for the
gallows? The death penalty wasn't a sufficient deterrent, why do you
think other things will be?