Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heating oil prices give the shivers

On 1/23/2012 5:37 AM, HeyBub wrote:
"While natural gas prices have plummeted to 10-year lows, heating oil prices
have been steadily rising for years and are expected to reach record levels
this winter, precipitated by higher costs for crude oil and the shutdown of
several crucial refineries in the Northeast and in Europe. The Energy
Department projects a price of $3.79 a gallon over the next few months, more
than a dollar above the winter average for the last five years."

Brrrr!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/bu...=1&ref=science

I don't know anyone who uses oil for home heating here in Alabamastan.
All I've ever seen around here for fuel to heat homes is wood, propane
or natural gas. I've often wondered why oil heat is so prevalent in the
Northern states unless it has to do with older infrastructure and the
availability of NG in those areas.

TDD