Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sliding compound miter saws.

On 1/24/2012 9:46 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 1/24/2012 4:33 PM, Dave wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:16:39 -0600, Steve Barker
I was pretty much set on the makita (either 10 or 12") for about a year,
until i started reading reviews.. Seems the motor can be wasted in a
matter of seconds if it happens to get stalled with the direct drive.

You need to take part in a Festool demo day. And then, take advantage
of their 30 day satisfaction guaranteed offer. After that, you can
consider your money really gone.

LMAO! Yeah, i'm a LOOOOOOOOONG ways from being that 8^ with it. I don't
believe in buying a name either. And in my opinion, that's about 50% of
their price.

Well that is the way I felt, then I bought the Domino and Ct22 vac.
IMHO the tools that I have bought from Festool make most all brands that
I have owned and still own, Bosch, DeWalt, Makita, Porter Cable, and
Milwaukee, seem inadequate.

Because of the quality and added usefulness of many of the Festool tools
I have added the Rotex Sander, Finish sander, Track Saw, and the C15-3
drill.

The Domino is the priciest of all my tools but I have cut in excess of
4,000 mortices with it in the last 4 years, that has to have paid for
the tool by now.

The Rotex sander replaced my old PC right angle ROS and until I used the
Rotex I was convinced that nothing in that class removed stock any
faster than the old PC and coupled with the vac I have 99.5% dustless
sanding, so I am not breathing in dust and tracking dust into the house.
With the Rotex sander I no longer use a belt sander any more.

MY Festool Finish sander replaced a PC SpeedBloc sander, I do not see a
remarkable improvement in performance but again I don't have dust
issues. and the paper lasts twice as long.

The Track saw makes cabinet saw quality cuts and can make final cuts.
It is extremely proficient in putting a straight edge on S2S lumber and
is the tool to use to make taper cuts.

Since adding the Festool C15-3 drill I have not used my Makita
drill/driver or Makita Impact driver. The right angle and eccentric
chucks are real problem solvers.

All of these tools save me lots of time and time is ....money.

AND BTY I would be the first to say that brand loyalty is not a good
thing when it comes to power tools. I am sure that Festool has a few
stinkers but probably far fewer than most brands. ;~)