Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Xenon headlight bulb upgrade - whats that all about?

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
HID lamps need special control gear to strike and maintain the arc. I
also thought the construction and use rules insisted that HID lamps
could only be fitted to self-leveling headlights.

I have them on my old Rover, and the MOT people seem happy enough as it
has self levelling suspension and headlamp washers. The beam pattern as
seen on their tester is extremely sharp - better actually than the
original. But I have non standard headlight units anyway.

--
*Don't squat with your spurs on *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.