Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Driveway road mirror (request ideas for a cheap workable mirror)

Chuck Banshee wrote:
My driveway angles at a sharp angle to an infrequently used road such
that I almost never have to even look to see if there's traffic (because
there's only traffic about once a month at the time I'm entering the
road).

Still, that's not a safety margin so I have to stop all the time (of
course).

One thing a friend suggested is making a reflective roadside mirror out
of 'something'.

Have you guys any ideas to bump me to the next stage on this idea of
adding a mirror at the end of my driveway to see traffic (and, I guess,
for the traffic to see me)?

Back into your driveway.
For a mirror you can usually buy the big convex ones reasonable from
outfits that sell security products or warehouse equipment.
Just mount it across from the driveway up so lights don't hit it and
plows can't wipe it out.
Should allow you to see both ways enough to determine if something is
coming.

--
Steve W.