Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default gummer dweeber - no military service

On 1/23/2012 8:14 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 1/23/2012 5:56 PM, David R. Birch wrote:

You can either be educated by an institution of higher learning or you
can be self educated. Either one can be very good, very bad, or anything
in between. Generally speaking, any time someone is referred to as
educated that means they have a formal education of some kind.
Funny that I need to explain such basic things to a genius.

I have never claimed to be a genius, just a lot smarter than you.

Yes, I've heard you make that claim before. But as before you cannot
prove your claim, which makes it pretty much worthless.

Pretty much what I've found. I've also seen quite a people like
yourself
with a degree but little sign of being well educated.

As I have found quite a large number of men who believe they are
exceptional when in fact they are far from it. You are clearly an
average man masquerading as a superior one. Proof being you can't tell
an educated man when you see one.

I have no trouble identifying someone who considers them self educated
but then shows that they know little about what they majored in.

Regardless of what I have told you I have in the way of an education you
have shown that you can't really tell what the reality is. You want to
pretend you are so great but when you deal with me you get it wrong. You
keep thinking that I only have a degree like you. I may have more than
that but you aren't bright enough to know that.

A liberal arts education is something different from vocational
training. Many college degrees are just job training. Not so with a
liberal arts degree.

Yes, this is often training to not have a job.

If that were a true statement then you would be correct for a change but
as usual you are wrong. Look at the statistics for employment and you
find that people with college degrees, and it doesn't matter in what,
are almost all employed. Millions of Americans have liberal arts degrees
and they have jobs too. Most of them making more than you do.

Not the ones who recently graduated.

Doesn't change that truth of my statement. The reason recent grads can't
find work is due to the recession. Most people with degrees have jobs.

Yes, it is often the difference between "do you want fries with that?"
and "would you like some fresh ground pepper on that?"

As if you would know anything about that. If you knew as much as you
think you do you would be someone to contend with. Unfortunately you're
just an ordinary guy that mistakenly thinks he is brilliant.
Dunning-Kruger in the flesh.

Nope, I have no trouble recognizing those smarter than I am. That
doesn't include anyone in the Hawwke-ptooey universe.

What you have shown is that you can't tell who is smart and who is not.

But he got the liberal education for something other
than what he got from his vocational training. One thing teaches you
how
to do a job and the other makes you an educated man, and it's
always an
advantage to be one of those even if you never make a lot of money in
your life. You got something that the uneducated never get. You know
what it is. They don't.

Hawwke-ptooey

Once again, having a poli sci BA from Podunk U. does not make one
"educated". It is where your education should have started, but ended,
instead.

My degree from a California State University is just one link in the
long chain of learning that gave me my education.

The last link, apparently. (Thanks for the setup.)

Just one link in a long link. Longer than yours.

There is far more to
my education than you will ever know or appreciate. That's because
you're dumb. Regardless of what technical knowledge you may have or what
skill you may have with machines you have proven that in many ways you
are really just a dummy.

Hawwke-ptooey

So shallow you can't recognize when you're outclassed. Alas, I have
already wasted too much time trying to help you out. "You can lead a
fool to wisdom, but you can't make him think."

So out of touch you can't tell when you are dealing with someone with
more education than you have. That's you. Not only that I've never heard
any words of wisdom from you. You just have a lot of negativity and bile
to pass along. None of it is worth a turd.

I'm reminded that I joined Mensa so I wouldn't need to deal with people
as clueless as you are. I guess my generous nature misled me into trying
to bring you some enlightenment.

Yes, your belong to Mensa so that means you're brighter than all the
rest of us. Funny way of doing that. Not having one positive or
enlightening thing to say and a whole raft of personal insults. Yeah,
you've really shown your brilliance.

Or not. Maybe my darker side just likes teasing the Village Idiot.

Then stop with the self abuse. You're incapable of anything but making
yourself look like a fool. Nobody sees you as someone special or anyone
to listen to for your expertise. You sure haven't dispensed any wisdom
here. If you have I'd sure like some others to chime in and point out
all the awesome stuff you have said. It all seems so...average.

Don't bother replying unless you have something useful to say.

Not that that has ever happened.

Look who's talking. Not a peep out of you I would pass on to anyone.
That's how much you've offered up. If you ever do come up with anything
worth knowing don't feel shy about letting us know, okay?

Hawke

Once again you fail reading comprehension.

"Don't bother replying unless you have something useful to say."

David