Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Adjustments on large pre-WW2 Hot Water Finned Radiators

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:10:25 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

well ultimately what matters more?

the most heat is extracted buy we feel like were freezing?

or a little less heat transfer but were warm and toasty feeling?

Reminds me of a friend from Poland I knew.
Ever see the TV series Banacek with George Peppard?
He would spout "Polish proverbs" like
"If you're not sure that it's potato borscht, there could be orphans
working in the mines."
"Though the hippopotamus has no sting, the wise man would prefer to be
sat upon by the bee."
"A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn."
"If a wolf is after your sleigh throw him a raisin cookie, but don't
stop to bake him a cake."
"Just because the cat has her kittens in the oven doesn't make them
biscuits."

Got those from Wiki, but they don't mention how most "real" Polish
proverbs work.
They rhyme, and follow the gender rules of the Polish language.
Might work the same for other languages, don't know.
So you ask me in Polish "What time is it?"
I can answer in Polish,
"She went to take a ****, and hasn't come back yet."
That answer makes perfect sense in Polish.
Even sounds "poetic."
Any Polak here knows that.

Anyway, back to your idea on heat.
My Polish friend once said to me.