Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default shower head

On Jan 23, 4:26*pm, "Charlie" wrote:
"Oren" wrote in message

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:48:32 -0600, "Doug"
wrote:

Recently (maybe 6 months ago) I replaced my 14 year old moen shower
head with another moen shower head. * When I first replaced it all
worked fine but now I'm noticing some streams of water thru the head
go in another (slanted) direction rather than straight. *I live in a
hard water area (Houston suburbs) so I expect this is the cause. *I've
seen in the past saw tv commercials to solve this like using CLR. *I'm
hesitant to believe the commercials so I ask here. *One thing, I have
gold metal trim on this shower head so I don't want to hurt the gold
trim (perhaps shiny brass??). *Suggestions?? * *Thank you.

White vinegar will dissolve the sediment in the shower head. *Cost
less than CLR. Soak the shower head in a bowl of vinegar.

That's the right answer.

Normally I would agree, I know it's safe on chrome plated brass, if
it's real gold plating it should be OK as well, if it's "gold-tone"
plating who knows?

nate