Posted to alt.home.repair
OH OH is offline

Default Heating oil prices give the shivers

"Ed Pawlowski" a écrit dans le message de news:
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:20:52 -0500, Tony Miklos
wrote:

My last fill up, three weeks ago, was $108.9 a litre plus 13% HST
(Harmonized Sales Tax) on top of that. This is in Ontario, Canada. So,
in my opinion, you're still getting off cheap. Enjoy it while you can.

OK, that says One Hundred Eight Dollars and 90 Cents a Litre. Any
chance that decimal point is off 2 digits?

I'm sure it is and it is still relatively cheap compared to Europe.
When I was there a couple of months ago, it was 1.45 Euro per liter or
about $1.87 US. Little wonder that they keep there houses in the 50's
rather than the 68-72 we've become used to here.

No....the oil (for cars)you buy in service stations is around 1.40, but
heating oil is around 1 euro; that's quite enough.
It was 0.75 euro a year and a half ago.