Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Sliding compound miter saws.

I have the LS1013, and when it dies, I hope to own the Festool, or the
Bosch gliding. The 1016 is not as nice in my opinion as my 1013. The
table on the 1013 is what I love, big and beautiful. The saw has been
accurate. I like the Kapex due to its light weight. When you need it,
it's a lot easier to carry a light weight saw than a truck (Bosch).
One more thing the Kapex is rated highest in dust collection, surprising
results every reviewer said. So that's kind of neat too.
At nearly twice the price, I hope I don't need it for a while, but if I
do, you mostly get what you pay for.

On 1/24/2012 1:39 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:37:19 -0600, Steve Barker
wrote:

Ok, at the risk of a severe flaming, what miter saw does everyone like?
I'm leaning towards the Bosch 5412... don't hit me too hard. LOL!

I own a Makita LS1013 and love it. I would look at their current
offering, the LS1016. From my experience with Bosch tools I'm sure
you would like the 5412 if that's what you decide on.