Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sliding compound miter saws.

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:37:19 -0600, Steve Barker
wrote:

Ok, at the risk of a severe flaming, what miter saw does everyone like?
I'm leaning towards the Bosch 5412... don't hit me too hard. LOL!

If you can afford the Bosch, go for it. It's a good choice. Those are
nice saurs. I bought the HF 98194 because I wanted to be able to eat
and pay my truck payment that month, too. Hmm, $800 or $160? It has
been a workhorse for me and is easy to use. The difference in capacity
between it and the old 10" Delta I had is unreal. 12" sliders are
truly wondrous.

--
The most powerful factors in the world are clear
ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will.