Posted to rec.woodworking

Default JUST ONCE.....

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:17:08 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/24/2012 7:48 AM, Han wrote:
Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 1/23/2012 5:49 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/23/2012 5:03 PM, Jack wrote:
On 1/21/2012 6:25 PM, Swingman wrote:

Yes, it is expensive to set it off. Cartridge and blade.

You guys are wise. IMO, only a fool, with a single employee who's
job description included operating a table saw, would not have a
SawStop today.

Cheap at fifty times the price ...

Let's see, one guy had 7 false one's in a couple of years and one
grill that nicked a fing-ee that likely happened because of
carelessness brought on by lack of respect enabled by the SS.

$100 for a good blade, $80 for the replacement mechanism, times 8,
times 50... $72,000.

I think it would be close to "not cheap" at fifty times the price,
at least I know no one that would own or use a tsaw with those sort
of numbers mandated.

As an employer, I'd take your $72k for 8 incidents any day over a
jury award of $1.5 million for each incident ... $12,000,000, or over
1300 times the price.

Ryobi just learned that lesson.

You mean they aren't appealing that decision? That is a crime against
humanity, and an undeserved plum for Gass.

Regardless of the eventual outcome, what has it cost to for defense?

Win or lose, it -will- raise the price of tools from Ryobi in the
future. The judge and jury on that one ought to be horsewhipped.
If anything, the contractor and Osorio were equally to blame, not the
sawmaker. I hope the appeal reverses it completely.
****ES ME OFF, IT DOES!

--
The most powerful factors in the world are clear
ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will.