Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sliding compound miter saws.

On 1/24/2012 2:14 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 1/24/2012 11:51 AM, Leon wrote:
On 1/24/2012 9:37 AM, Steve Barker wrote:
Ok, at the risk of a severe flaming, what miter saw does everyone like?
I'm leaning towards the Bosch 5412... don't hit me too hard. LOL!

If I were to buy another it would be a toss up between the Festool and
the Bosch GCM12SD. This particular Bosch is only $164 more than the unit
you are looking at, at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-GCM12SD-...7427361&sr=1-1

yeah, i saw that one at Lowes yesterday. hmmmmmm. tough decision. didn't
really want to spend that much... I'm a novice woodworker, but using it
for rough construction also. Anythin' will beat that old hitachi my dad
gave me because someone else gave it to him. I think there's a reason it
keeps getting given away. (i'll give it to my son) LOL!

The fact that it does not need space behind the saw for the sliding
mechanism found on the sliders would be a big factor for me and it is
creamy smooth.