Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default JUST ONCE.....

On 1/24/2012 12:42 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/24/2012 11:16 AM, Han wrote:
Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in

Well I don't have one, nor a blade guard, nor a rive, and after 50
years of doing this, never nicked one fing-ee. Nor did either of my
brothers, nor did my dad. At my age, I would think owning one might
be a good idea, but, I don't need no steenking gov't dick head
mandating I buy one with a every new saw purchase.

Ummmm do you really believe that some one can do wood working for 50
years and and "never nick one finger?
I believer that "x" is actually greater than zero.

I, nor did the folks I mentioned, ever nick a finger on a table saw, or
any power saw for that matter. You can believe it or not, makes no
never mind to me. Never got nicked on my shaper, jointer, planer, band
saw, jig saw, routers, or drill press either. I did jab my elbow into
the live center (and drill) in my lathe a number of times. I keep doing
it too, and it always ****es me off.

Oh, I did cut my finger cleaning grease off my planer blades when
delivered new, packed in grease, but it wasn't running, or being used,
it was being installed. I also cut my finger once chopping up a pepper
for an omelet, but we're talking table saws and the like right?

Lets be real here.

Always.

On that note (being real), no one in this thread was talking about every
man woman and child being forced to buy a table saw, and, *I* was not
talking about never being nicked in my life, ever, from _anything_. I
was specifically talking about the subject, table saws and more
specifically where a SS would have been needed. Your insinuations to
the otherwise are not *real*, other than /really/ disingenuous.

Jack